Monday, July 24, 2006

15 Minutes of Brilliance

This blog was born out of the same thing many great ideas are born of: boredom (the uncle of innovation). I have some marginal writing ability, a bit of wit (and rhyming ability to boot!), and an abundance of free time. So why not? Maybe I'll get lucky and get a book deal out of this. Maybe no one will read this (that's the safe bet). But I wanted a place to write without having to deal with all the hassles of the various newspapers I've written for the past few years. Welcome to the observation deck of my world.

About the name and title of this blog (I feel dirty typing blog, but for lack of a better word...). Funny Headline because a) part of my job is to come up with funny headlines and more importantly b) I wanted to think of something witty, clever, or maybe even insightful, but why should I try to be so complicated? I wanted a funny headline. I came up with Funny Headline. In the most literal way possible, I got what I wanted. And 15 Minutes of Brilliance because every day, I have a few moments where I'm actually smart. Usually those moments are spent watching TV. Hopefully I'll be able to get the resultant rant on here. And the Andy Warhol reference makes me sound sophisticated . Well, not really. It's just a name anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home