Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'll take hackneyed references for 200, Alex

Is there really anything funnier than a sore loser? I took part in a little Jeopardy contest today, for money. And as anyone who knows me will tell you, you do not go against me in Jeopardy, especially for money. You might as well go running with scissors on hot coals barefoot. But after the inevitable happened (out of a possible 70 points, I got 49, and I think I got slighted on at least 3 questions. Second place was 8.), this one guy, a certifiable asshole, just kept complaining. He kept insisting that I only won because I'm just fast, and since it was Teen Jeopardy, everyone knew all the answers, but no one could beat me to the punch. First of all, it isn't true (if it was real Jeopardy, I may have gotten less, but he wouldn't have gotten any. I would have gotten 30 points easy). But dude, you lost. Accept it. You're not as smart as you think you are. It doesn't mean you're dumb, but you look even worse when you can't stop complaining about it.

If I don't get on Jeopardy at some point in my life, it will be a disappointment. That's nothing new though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home